Monday, May 17, 2010

Hi,

It's a good blog and its name is very beautiful.
This blog is very useful for me, specially KET readings. I want to solve them and read other readings in this.

These days, my lessons become very hard because in my course(computer hardware), we must imagine what happen in a computer and in computer-base world every thing is 0 and 1, and we must convert to 0 and 1 anything that we want to tell it.
I'm in the third year of university, next year I will finish university and I must give a project to my professor, if he accepts it I will get BA.

I hope that I can improve my english in this year because I need it a lot.
Thank you for interesting and useful blog. I thank Sue too because of her helps.

Faranak

4 comments:

Alireza Taghdarreh said...

Hello, Faranak. I am very glad to see your first post to this "blog." I must say that this time you have written very beautifully and mostly very correctly. I am also glad that you found the KET Reading section useful. English gives us a voice and opens a new window to the world for us. Learning it is a must -- both for the growth of our personality and the expansion of our horizons. It is also a necessity in our accademic life. For me, however, the most enjoyable part of learning English has been the friends I have been able to find with this wonderful language. English is the language of friends and friendship to me.

Sue said...

Hi Faranak!

I, too, love the title of this blog. I hope we can learn from one another within its borders. So you are a computer student. I remember a story about a computer named Epicac. His owner had him write love poems to the owner's girl friend and, of course, the girl friend fell in love with the poems and Epicac fell in love with the girl. His owner scolded him, saying, "Computers can't love! You can not love her!" and the next day they found Epicac had blown himself up and all that remained were the smouldering remains. Poor Epicac!!

Your friend, Sue

Alireza Taghdarreh said...

What an interesting story, Sue. We'll read it in class with Bahman, Faranak and Fattemeh next time. Poor computer. It had just discovered something other than 0 and 1.

Sue said...

Yes, and that is something we all need to remember: The world cannot be divided into 0 and 1, can it? That story was written by one of my favorite science fiction authors, Kurt Vonnegut, jr. in a collection of short stories called "Welcome to the Monkey House." Vonnegut is one of my favorite authors, and Bahman, I think you in particular would like his stories.

Sue

Longman Dictionary

Education Fire

News

%