Saturday, June 05, 2010

Dear Sue,
Nice to hear from you again. Thank you for correcting my letter. In Iran we have blacks in south of Iran. I saw them when I went to Kish. They speak to Arabic, if you ask about their country, all of them will say: we are an Iranian. In Iran we have racial prejudice, but it isn’t for blacks. It is for an Afghanian worker. They are very poor peoplesatirize them for theirdialect.
I insist you say my mistakes to me, if you have time, please.
After exams I will write more.
I am so sorry for my mistakes.
Take care,
Bahman

2 comments:

Sue said...

Hi Bahman, It is always a pleasure to hear from you. I can tell that you are getting much better at using English than when I first heard from you. Congratulations! Here is one correction: One speaks Arabic, or in Arabic, not to Arabic. Also, See how I would write the following sentence:

You wrote:
It is for an Afghanian worker. They are very poor peoplesatirize them for theirdialect.

I would write:
It is for Afghanian workers. They are very poor. People satirize them for their dialect.

It is really just a matter of punctuation. By the way, do you speak Arabic, Farsi or what? Do you watch many American movies? Which is your favorite?

Sue

Alireza Taghdarreh said...

Sue and Bahman,
Please let me add another small correction. In my opinion, it would be better to say, "Afghan workers" instead of "Afghanian workers." And with all due respect, I do not agree that Iranians feel any racial prejudice towards Afghans or their accent. It can never be compared, even remotely, with the way Germans treat "Auslanders". I have really never seen any such encounters myself.

Longman Dictionary

Education Fire

News

%