Wednesday, June 09, 2010

A Few Days of Vacation!

Hello Everyone,
I am waiting for my daughter to join me for a few days away from home in the mountains. Estes Park, Colorado is a vacation spot in the Rocky Mountain National Park and a beautiful, beautiful place. Every year they have a Wool Festival where ranchers bring their alpacas, llamas, sheep and rabbits for a competition. Leslie and I are taking a spinning class, learning to use a traditional spinning wheel to spin fleece into wool. Are knitting and spinning part of the lives of Iranian women? My daughter and I and many friends are caught up in the design of sweaters, hats, mittens, socks etc. to knit and give as gifts. It makes a good hobby for us and we have developed many friendships through this common interest.

On Saturday they have a big bazaar and all sorts of yarn related products can be purchased. I'm going to try to be careful and not buy too much. Talk to you Saturday!

No comments:

Longman Dictionary

Education Fire

News

%