Saturday, July 24, 2010

Bahman's Writings

Dear Sue,
Nice to hear from you. Mashhad is mountainous. But it has no very mountain. There are mountains environs Mashhad. They are in Torghabe and Shandiz that they were beautiful villages in vicinity Mashhad. Now they are little cities. My Santour is not very good. I play only 2 years. If you go to below address you can take a beautiful piece from Faramarze Payvar.
http://www.4shared.com/file/171361879/e6ca294e/__________.html
Thank you that you tell me my mistakes. I had a funny mistake in my last letter. How is Denver climate? Is it warm or cold? Has it jungle? Is it big city or little city?

1 comment:

Sue said...

Hi Bahman, I am going to rewrite your letter as I would write it and then make my comments:

Dear Sue, Nice to hear from you. Mashhad is mountainous, but it has no actual mountain. There are mountians around Mashhad. in Torghabe and Shandiz which were beautiful villages. Now they are little cities.

I am not very good at playing the Santour. I have played only two years. ... Thank you for telling me my mistakes. I had a funny mistake in my last letter. How is the Denver climate? Is it warm or cold? Are there forests? Is it a big city or a little city?
-----------------------------------Denver has about 3-4 million people and is in a semi-arid climate. We can have very warm days but they don't feel hot because we seldom have a high humidity. The word 'jungle' really applies to what can be called a rain forest or vegatation closer to the equator. Hot, humid with heavy thick growth of tropical trees. There are no jungles in North America. We have forests of pines, aspens, oak, and other trees, but the word jungle does not apply. We call them woods, or forests.

Denver itself is a mile high and on a plain. We have to water in order to have greenery. However we are nestled in the mountains and when we go there there are forests, woods, lakes, and beautiful scenery. I love our mountains. I will try to send a picture of our mountains.

Your friend, Sue

Longman Dictionary

Education Fire

News

%