Saturday, September 18, 2010

Bahman's letter to Sue,

Dear Sue,
I have started studying for master’s entry exam. Studying is not very well, but I try to study more than before day. It is difficult, because I don’t study academic lessons in Ramadans. I usually study other books in Ramadans. I will go to university next week. I hope that I have no a strict professor.
Oh, Alaska we had a TV serial 5 years ago. A police lived in Alaska. Is Alaska very cold? I knew that Alaska was purchased by the USA. Always I ask from myself that what do Russia that.
Today is a day that we called Persian poem and Persian literature. Today is Shahryar’s day too. He was an Iranian poem that he lived about 100 years age. He has a beautiful love story. It is that story.
A day that he went to market for shopping. He saw a young girl. With that sawing he felled in love. He could give his home address to that girl. Many years he was waiting for coming that girl. In those years he wrote a poem book for his love.
Many years in waiting. She com came back, when Shahryar was in a hospital and after some days he death. Shahryar told her: you come back my soul is for you, faithless why do you come now?
Take care,
Bahman
P.s if you go to this link you have a beautiful video clip from Faramarze Payvar
http://santoor-payvar1.persiangig.com/video/Payvar_Esmaili_Mahoor.wmv

2 comments:

Sue said...

Dear Friend, I hope that Mr T will go over this letter with you. Since you want to study for your entry exam, it is important that you pay attention to a lot of the little details, don't you think?

Here are a couple of suggestions:

1. good is an adjective that describes a noun. "She is a good girl." Well is an adverb that describes a verb. "He played well."
2. "I hope that I have no strict professor." Start playing with don't, doesn't, isn't wasn't etc. These are contractions and make your English sound more natural. The sentence would then read, "I hope I don't have any strict professors." (I hope they're all
'warm and fuzzy types' for your sake.)

Alaska can be very cold in the winter, and an interesting thing my son mentioned is that they have 24 hours of sunlight in the summer and 24 hours of darkness in the winter. He said it was tough to sleep with the sun shining brightly.

An American official named Seward purchased Alaska in 1867 and it was called Seward's Folly, meaning everyone thought it was a stupid purchase. Russia sold it because they were hard up for money and also thought it would be hard to defend if they ever went to war with the US. In WWII, it was a terrible place to be! A friend of my parents was stationed there in the army, and the Japanese snuck into the camp and cut all the ropes on the tents and stabbed everything that moved until there was no movement. Isn't war awful??

I always enjoy your letters, Bahman. You have a curious, intriguing nature.

Take care, Sue

Sue said...

Hi Bahman, I tried to locate the story you mentioned about Sharhryar. What do you mean it is his day? I did run across a modern Iranian author named Sharhryar who wrote a book called "Censoring an Iranian Love Story." He said there is no such thing as a simple love story in Iran. All are complex, complicated and full of subtle nuances! I'm going to see if I can get his book.

More later, Sue

Longman Dictionary

Education Fire

News

%