Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Faranak's Writing

Hi Sue,
Mr T.'s internet is disconnected for a few days, as soon as it connects he talks to you. He asked me to tell you this.
Mr T. couldn't read your letter for a while and he reads your answers enthusiastically today.
Dear friend, I read your beautiful answers and will ask your questions in other letter because I'm thinking about them and want to answer truly.
I have a important question, I hear from TV tonight a churchman and his follower want to burn Koran in September 11, Is it true?
Dear Sue, I'm not a prejudice Muslim, please answer me easily.
Have a nice time.
Your friend, Faranak.

1 comment:

Sue said...

Dear Faranak and Alireza, my friends,

Yes, some idiot church in a backwoods community in Florida has said they are going to burn some Korans. This sounds terrible to you, I'm sure, but freedom in the US is a two edged sword. In the past, some Americans burned the US flag, and some burned Uncle Sam in effigy both here and in other countries,even Iran. In neither case was physical harm done, and the acts are seen as a form of freedom of speech. There is a civil right to express oneself here, just as there is a civil right of freedom of religion for Muslims to build a mosque close to the World trade Center. This act is seen by many Americans as a tremendous insult to those who were killed by Muslim terrorists on 9/11.

So in many cases we can see the stupidity of acts on all sides of the religious and political spectrum, but as Americans we must allow stupid acts if they are not against our freedoms: Religion, speech and press, the right to convene,and freedom of association. These are the freedoms guaranteed to all by the lst Amendment to our Constitution. If I want my rights, although it is often difficult, I must allow others theirs. This is the price of freedom.

Longman Dictionary

Education Fire

News

%