Saturday, October 16, 2010

Bahman's letter to Sue,

Dear Sue,
I write this letter in the bus. I have 2 hours until Tehran, now. In Iran we have 18 months for an army service. All boys must go to army service when they have 18 years old.
You must go to army service after university if you have gone to university.
Yes, I have some books for reading, but they are not very good.
Thank you, but T helped me and corrected my last letter. I had some mistakes.
We watched a film about our planet on last Friday. I had watched it about 12 times, because I have much time for watching on the way. The film is about mountains. For example: Rocky Mountains, And Mountains, Patagonia Mountains and Himalaya Mountains. We watched some mountaineers.
Maybe few men can see them. We watched some volcanoes, a pool of sulfuric acid. We saw a Puma that hunted very difficult. Her cubs were as large as their mother, but they cannot hunt for themselves.
Swimming is an enjoyable act. I really love swimming. When I swim in a pool I forget all problems. Really water is enjoyable.
Did you watch a piece from Ardavan Kamkar?

1 comment:

Sue said...

Dear Bahman, Yes, I watched two pieces by Ardavan Kamkar and unlike T, I liked what I heard very much. I may be mistaken, but it seems to me his music is more forceful than what I have heard before and I think there was a major instead of minor tone to it. I also found a utube by someone named Bahman and I wondered if it was you? What is your second name?

I am glad you saw the Rocky Mountains. I can look out my window and see the foothills. They are very beautiful.

I think you could say the Puma hunted very fiercely.

Yes, I love the water. We have something called a riverwalk. It has a current and when you walk in it you feel the current. I walk with the water for a while and then against it for a little while. It's such good exercise.

I have also been writing. Writing soothes my soul. I just wrote a piece and sent it to my newspaper on what is a principled man? In it I spoke against the big fuss some people are having about them building a mosque near Ground Zero.
Your friend, Sue

Longman Dictionary

Education Fire

News

%