Friday, November 12, 2010

Bahman's letter to Sue,

Dear Sue,
Sorry to take a while to answer your letter. We had a concert last Thursday and I was very busy. Our concert was very good. We did practice all last week until 10 p.m. I had 2 pieces that played them alone. I was the first player in band. I had great stress but, I was good.
Ali took an IELTS test on Friday that was a good suggestion. We answered to 10 listening questions. I answered to all of them and my answerers were correct. I think reading questions is harder than listening questions for me, because I don’t know many words. Words are my big problem.
Take care,
Bahman

1 comment:

Sue said...

Dear Bahman, I'm so glad you are finding such joy with your music. You also seem to have confidence in it. I would love to hear your band if you have any recordings.

Your experience with Ali's oral test sounds to me like you are an audio learner. (your interest in music indicates that too.) You learn better when you hear information than when y ou read it. Try saying the words you see on the page over and over so your ear will learn. I have a friend learning Italian and she sets herself a goal of 5 words a day to learn. Perhaps on your trips to class and back you could do this.

Only a few errors:
1. "I had two pieces that I played alone." Your verb phrases are "I had" and "I played"

2. Ali gave the test. YOU took the test.

3. "I answered all of them" you don't need the 'to' here.

Nice letter!

Your friend, Sue

Longman Dictionary

Education Fire

News

%