Sunday, November 21, 2010

Bahman's letter to Sue,

Dear Sue,
I think that you can find Shirin and Farhad story in internet. It is so beautiful. We have a mountain called Bisoton in Iran. In this story Farhad go to Bisoton and erase some of the mountain, because Khosro loves Shirin and Khosro is a king. Khosro kills Farhad. We have a book from Nezami Ganjavi. 5 lovely stories are in that book. I hope you can find Khamse or 5 Ganj (5 treasures) (Nezami’s book) in internet. I try to find this book if I can.
We have some lovely stories in Shahname (a book from Ferdosi). I think Shahname is in internet, because it is an internationally book.
Really, Molana jalaledin Mohammad Balkhi or Molave or Molana are names of Rumi. I don’t like to call Rumi, because Molavi is an Iranian poet.
Take care,
Bahman

3 comments:

Sue said...

Hi Bahman, Thank you for your suggestions. I haven't had time to look up the story of Shirin and Farhad yet. You did a great job of describing the story to me. One comment: Watch your verbs: Present, past and future are the most used: You say, "I try to to..." This should be future tense: "I will try to find."

I am taking notes on your suggestions and will let you know what I find. Although Shakespeare said, "A rose by any other name would smell as sweet," I understand your feeling about Molave. But remember, he is still loved and respected in my country even though we call him Rumi.

Your friend, Sue

Your English is getting better and better!

Alireza Taghdarreh said...

Sue, There are Bijan and Manijeh, Shirin and Farhad, Farhad and Shirin, Vamegh and Azra, Yousef and Zoleikha, Vis and Ramin and sooo many other romantic, love stories that are all as beautiful. I once had a book called famous love stories in Persian literature. I'll try to find it for you. It is something you may find fascinating. A poetical summary of all these stories in prose. We may even be able to translate and publish it in English. The American audience may love it. What do you think?

Sue said...

I am only exploring, Ali. I am wondering about taking an ancient Persian tale and then putting it in a modern focus. At this point it is only an idea.
We have a lot of translated stories on the web and in book form but thanks to you and Bahman for ideas of new stories. It isn't just romances I am looking for. My thoughts are at the point, Ali, where I don't know what I am looking for, but I will know it when I find it. Does that make any sense. No. But this is the way I work. Suddenly the light will go on and I can then be productive. This is my research phase and it goes on and on. We have a saying, "It is what it is."

Sue

Longman Dictionary

Education Fire

News

%