Friday, May 28, 2010

Dear Sue

Dear Sue,

I am so sorry because I haven’t written until now. I am in exams. I had 1 exam (NDT none … test) in 2 last Tuesday and I had 3 exams last week so I am very busy in these weeks. I promise to write letters. It’s time we had many letters.

I enjoyed your post about Black English when we read it in our class.

In all of world people have many dialects. I feel the difference dialects when I see a film in which there are blacks. Blacks speak very fast and usually I cannot understand what they say but, I saw a news reader that was a black woman. She spoke very very well and I could understand some of what she read.

2 comments:

Sue said...

Dear Bahman, I was so glad to hear from you. I understand how important exams are - your future depends on them, more or less, so I am happy to have you concentrate on your work and only write to your American friend when you have time.

Speaking of blacks. Are there any blacks in Iran? Is there racial prejudice against them? I have often wondered how Iranians feel about our black President. You notice that blacks in the position of newspersons and other high level positions try to overcome their black dialect. For poor or uneducated blacks it is a symbol of black power to hold on to their black dialect. It makes them one of 'the bros'. (The brothers) and creats a separation between them and whites.

Sue

Sue said...

Hi Bahman, You say "I feel the difference dialects when I..." One would hear the difference in dialects, so the sentence would be better if you said, I can hear the difference in dialects when I..." It's a small correction.

Regards, Sue

Longman Dictionary

Education Fire

News

%