Friday, May 28, 2010

Faranak's writing

Dear Sue,
Thank you very much for good story about computer and I agree with you, world can't be divided to 0 and 1 because nothings aren't absolute and it's good.

We read your writing in our class a lot. They are very useful and we learn a lot of things from them.
This week we read your article about different dialects. It was very interesting and thank you for your good writings.
We have different dialects in Iran,too. My mother is originally from Semnan(A city in the East of Iran), I think Semnanis people have a very difficult dialect. I hear it a lot but, I can't understand it and my mother just understands, She can't speak.

We started a new book to read. It's name is Interchange. I want to know your idea about it.
Thanks, take care, Faranak.

2 comments:

Sue said...

Hi Faranak, I looked up your new new book but I am not familiar with it,but If Mr. T likes it I'm sure it will be helpful to you. You are doing very well with your English and I hope you will try to try to listen to American movies or American news persons. It takes a while to learn, but when you understand how Americans speak you will find it much easier. Your friend, Sue

Sue said...

Dear Faranak, You are doing well in your English studies! One thing to watch are the articles (a, an and the.) Notice: you say "story about computer", but computer needs an article before it. (the computer) Many nouns need articles before them and it is a common mistake one makes when learning English. We would not say, "I like rose." We would say, "I like the rose," or a rose, depending on whether it is a particular rose of which you speak. One would say "the bank, a cow, an orange, etc.) a is used before a consonent sound, and an is used before a vowel sound. (a book, an apple.) In a word in which you don't pronounce the first consonent, and you "hear" the vowel sound (example: hour) you would say an hour. If this doesn't make sense, I can explain it further. ARticles are sometimes the difference between sounding like a new learner and an experienced linguist. Hope this helps. from Sue

Longman Dictionary

Education Fire

News

%