Thursday, September 30, 2010

Sabber's letter to Sue

Hi Sue

I hope you are fine. We read your letter to Faranak in the class. Now I want to say some things about that letter.
I think it is not a good idea that we discuss politics on the website because Discussing about politics can hurt our friendship.

Tow years ago, I lost one of my best friends because of politics, of course I have many opinions about politics.

I think you and I are different from our leaders, we are good friends for each other but my leader is not a good friend for your leader!

In any case, I hope that always you and I are good friends for each other.
And I will answer your questions in future.

Thanks a lot.

Your friend, SABBER

1 comment:

Sue said...

Dear Sabber, I do not believe there is anything we can discuss that will hurt our friendship as far as I am concerned. Was it Rumi who said that if our hearts are right, we are as one.

I dislike discussing politics, too, but if I am asked, I cannot appear rude and not answer. I have learned in my long life that there are many ways to view things, and some of the mistakes I have made has been in not viewing the alternatives. My concern is that I don't want to cause any trouble. I'm so very sorry about your lost friend. That would make you sensitive to the subject, I can understand.

I value your friendship greatly, and I am thinking of writing my next book about the people of Iran. Can you tell me if I came to Iran, what airline should I fly with? Would there be taxis at the airport if I needed transportation? Would they speak English, or should I bring an English/Farsi dictionary?

Take care, your friend, Sue

P.S. Your only error: Two, not tow.
Very good English! Bravo!!

Longman Dictionary

Education Fire

News

%