Thursday, September 30, 2010

Maryam's letter to Sue

Hi Sue
Tanks alot for your letter. I'm so sorry because, Ianswer you very late. Last week I was very busy.
Now your answers:
Here in Iran all of schools have budgets but, the schools which get good rankings can have higher budgets. So teachers are very strict with their students and students can not enjoy studying.
Therefore schhols try to employ strict teachers. I want to be relax when I see a teacher for example our phisycs' techer is very very strict and I'm nervous in her class.
In gils' schools teacher's never strike students but, in boys' schools some teachers strike students but they are very rare.
At last I should say everything in Iran is university and because of this, even the best friends are rivals for together. Of course their contest is well.

MARYAM

1 comment:

Sue said...

Hi Maryam, I have a question. You said a school's budget is determined by their rankings. How does a school get these rankings? In the USA students have to pass a test every year and a school is evaluated by how much improvement the students have over the year before. Is it the same in Iran. Are boys and girls in different classes even in college?

Corrections:
1. Thanks, not tanks.
2. answered, not answer. It is in the past and the verb is answer,(present) answered,(past) and will answer (in the future).
3. Here in Iran all of the schools have budgets, but ...This is a compound sentence joined by a conjunction (but). Always the comma comes before the conjunction.

4. schools, not schhols.
5. I want to be relaxed when I see a teacher. (Full sentence) For example, our physics (not phisycs' teacher (not techer is very, very strict...
6. In girls' schools teachers never...( see my post about S in English)
7. Please see if Mr T will help you rework your last two sentences. I don't understand what you are saying there.

However, let me congratulate you. You have written a very nice letter that I understood almost everything. Watch your spelling and your English will be very good.

Your friend, Sue

Longman Dictionary

Education Fire

News

%