Sunday, September 19, 2010

Hi Sue

Perpahs it is good for me to speak a little bit about myself.  I am a 18 year old boy studying in the last year of high school.  I am T's neighbor so I live in Tehran.  I study physics and mathematics in high school.  I like the film "Lost' very much and I have all the series on DVDs at home.  I come to T's classes with my sister Maryam.  She is 16 years old and is in the second grade of high school.  She studies physics and mathematics too.  We both want to be civil engineers in the future and work togehter.


I hope you are fine.  I know you are busy so without any extra sentences I ask my question:

What is your field?  It is very important for me to know what field the kind woman who always answers my letters has studied.  If you answer me i will be happy.

Thanks a lot.

Sabber

PS T helped us to write this letter a little bit.

2 comments:

Alireza Taghdarreh said...

Hi Sabber,

Hope you and Maryam are fine. We don't say "a" 18 year old boy. The correct phrase here is "an" 18 year old boy because "eighteen", as you see, starts with an "e".

Hope to see you soon in class.

T

Sue said...

Hi Sabbar, I was a history major in my undergraduate work and an education/philosophy major in my graduate work. I have heard the expression, "The right brainers will take over the world." I am not sure that is correct, since so many young people in your country and in mine are majoring in scientific subjects. Oh well, perhaps I can talk each of you into taking a course here and there on the beautiful literature and poetry of your ancient country.

I am so glad you are studying English. Do you know the story of the tower of Babel. It is an ancient story that explains why we all speak so many different languages. The result, whatever the cause, is one of the problems of our world, I think.

My one suggestion for you is to double check your spelling (perhaps, and together). I make errors like this myself, but it is always a good idea to double check your work.

Your friend, Sue

Longman Dictionary

Education Fire

News

%