Sunday, September 19, 2010

Sabber's letter to Sue

Dear Sue:
I hope you are fine. A few days ago, I went to a small village in Hamedan;That village was very beautiful. There was a big and lovely nature over there. Many rabits were in that village.
Now may I ask a question please?
Do you go to nature?And how many times a week American people go to nature? In Iran just there is one holiday in a week and people don't have much time to travel to the nature, but in America I think there are 2 holidays a week and you have alot of times to go to the nature.I should when it comes to the number ofholidays, I think Iran is the first in the world.
I wish you the best.
Sabber

1 comment:

Sue said...

Rabbits? Please Sabber, don't leave me in suspense! Why so many rabbits in this one small village?

I love nature and learn so much from it. I love to walk and feel the breeze on my face, and I get great joy in our mountains and lakes here in Colorado. It is, I think, one of the nicest places to live in America. We are at 5,280 feet above sea level which gives us a drier, cooler climate than some places and we have our beautiful mountains and great scenery. You would like it here, and I think I would like it in Hamedan.

Many Americans are off work on Saturday and Sunday, and Sunday is the traditional religious day off. Most Christian Churches meet on Sunday, while Jewish and Islamic groups meet on Friday, I believe. I do think you have more holidays than we do. Perhaps that is because we have so many people from different countries that make up America, that each of them celebrate their own special days and yet the work of the nation goes on. We have a special day at Thanksgiving, Christmas, and other days here and there. The schools, of course, have much longer holidays.

Your friend, Sue
P.S. A nice letter!

Longman Dictionary

Education Fire

News

%