Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Sabber's letter to Sue

Hi Sue

I hope you are fine. In Iran schools and universities have started, and our holidays were about 3 months!
That may not be bad.
Having long holidays is good because we can rest an enjoy life and it's bad because it's too hard after long holidays to go to schools.
What about America?
Do you have long holidays for your students in summer like Iran?

Of course, these questions weren't good because you and I know that holidays in Iran are more than America, but I want to know more.

I wish you the best.


SABBER

1 comment:

Sue said...

Dear Sabber, The quality of USA schools is not as good as it used to be at the high school level. Everyone is blaming it on the fact that we have too long a summer vacation. We have about 2 1/2 months and then about 3 weeks at the end of the year between semesters. The plan is to shorten the summer holiday. I'm not in favor of that. The problem, I think, is that students are not taking their classes seriously. Americans would say, "They goof off."

Tell me, is it the law that every child go to school for a certain number of years. Here, students must attend until they are 16. It is the law. Is your education paid for in high school?


Your friend, Sue

Corrections: None

You wished me the best. In American slang I would say, "Right back at cha! Which means, I send best wishes right back at you. :o}}

Longman Dictionary

Education Fire

News

%