Thursday, October 14, 2010

Faranak's Writing

Hi Sue,
You introduced the "Where Have All the Flowers Gone?" song to me. I listened to it. It is very beautiful. This group pronounces words slowly and more clear than De Burgh and I can understand their songs earlier. I listened to other songs of this group like "Wedding", "The fox", "Leaving on a Jet plane" and others. "Leaving on a Jet plane" is beautiful too.
I don't know foreign singers well, so I must thank you for your good guidance.

Dear fiend, you know we have started to read Masnavi and read the first 28 lines in Nicholson version.
I have a lot of questions about the life, myself, my religious and other things like them. I had said to you we can't ask questions abut our religious and discuss about it directly and easily.
I hope that can find some of my answers in Masnavi.
T teaches this book very beautiful and very good. He explains meaning of some sentences and answers my questions patiently while he teaches.
I'm sure these classes can be better with your helps and guidance and I can improve my English, my spirit and my information with these classes.
Have a nice day.
Faranak.

1 comment:

Sue said...

My dear Faranak, What a precious soul you have. I, too, love the song, "Where Have All the Flowers Gone." Peter, Paul and Mary were popular in the 70's and 80's. It seems to me that most American music today is very loud and the words are not so beautiful. Another singer I have always loved, and he is still a favorite in America, is Neil Diamond. See if you can find "Sweet Caroline" or "I am, I said,", or "Song Sung Blue."He has such a rich, deep voice, and I know you will be able to understand him.

Everyone has questions about life and sometimes I think it takes a full lifetime to find any answers. Henry Thoreau said, "If I could not doubt, I should not believe." I believe that as we search, our faith grows stronger, and takes on a richer quality. At least I have found it to be so.

The Masnavi is very profound. Profound means very deep and very very wise, and T is the wisest man to teach it to you. He has taught me many things that come from your culture, and I hope I have helped him understand mine a little. Love is the center of T's life and he and Rumi understand one another.

My love to you,

Sue

Longman Dictionary

Education Fire

News

%