Friday, November 19, 2010

Bahman's letter to Sue,

Dear Sue,
Thank you for correcting my letter. I am so happy that we can read Masnavi in class. We listened to listening tests on Friday. Next week, we will see a film in class. It is so good, because we must see and listen. Films help us very much. I think films are better than NEWS. Words are so difficult and I forget them. Review is so good, but is difficult. I am so busy in these days and I should write in little time and my letters have errors, so sorry. I should review my letters by myself.
Do you read Leily and Majnon story?
I love that story and it is a beautiful lovely story. I hope that you enjoy it.
Take care,
Bahman

1 comment:

Sue said...

Hello my friend,

We have an expression in English, "Shoulda, woulda, coulda."
It is a simple way of saying that we can do many things, and we should, but sometimes there are things that stand in our way.

You are a busy guy, and your English is getting better, so remember that Rumi said, "Wisdom comes in small steps."

I think you are enjoying your English classes and that always makes it easier to learn.

I love the story of Leili and Majnon. It is similiar to Shakespeare's story of Romeo and Juliet. In that story their families were enemies and yet they fell in love and married, but the families separated them. Juliet took a potion to stop her breathing but she would awake when Romeo found her. Thinking she was dead, her family took her to the tomb, and later Romeo came. He believed that she was dead and killed himself. Juliet awakens and sees Romeo dead and stabs herself with his saber and falls over his body. OH, so sad! Leili and Majnun and Romeo and Juliet are what we call 'star-crossed lovers.'

Your friend, Sue

PS Your English in this post is excellent! One sentence could be said differently: "...and I should write in little time"
I would say, "I write in a hurry, and so my letters have errors, and I am so sorry.
smp

Longman Dictionary

Education Fire

News

%