Friday, November 26, 2010

Bahman's letter to Sue,

Dear Sue,
We saw a beautiful film in class. It is about plants. Carnivorous plants hunt by deceive. In a forest a plant for light must go 50 meters up. It is very interesting and beautiful. Like animals plants strive for life. To our eyes planet world is very slow. We saw the oldest tree in our planet. Maybe, it has seen sun rise more than 150000000 times.
We answered to IELTS listening questions too. Today’s questions were hard.
I have an exam tomorrow. It is about materials, steels and cast irons. I like this lessen and enjoy it. I should go to university 1 month. After exams I must read for Masters Entry Exam.
I hope can to pass this exam.
Take care,
Bahman

1 comment:

Sue said...

Hi Bahman, Nature is a beautiful thing! I love its diversity. (That's a good word for you to look up!) I think that is why Ali and I like the writings of Henry Thoreau--he uses nature to find truth and what he calls "The Higher Law". Never separate yourself from Nature. It is a wise teacher.

There is one lesson that applies to your post:

In an English sentence, keep the parts of speech together. For example, "In a forest a plant must go 50 meters up for light." This is the way I would write that sentence. Why? Answer WHAT the plant has to do BEFore you tell me WHY? Another example: "It is important in school for students to do excellent work for good grades." Do you see the sentence structure?

So glad you like what you are studying. It is important in this life to try to do something that you have a talent for and enjoy doing.

I am very impressed with the students I have met through Ali T. I sometimes feel that American youth are too eager to have 'fun' and resent the hours they have to put into school. I hear "It's boring." too often among our young. I think I'm becoming a fussy old woman!!

Take care, Sue

Longman Dictionary

Education Fire

News

%