Saturday, November 27, 2010

Bahman's letter to Sue,

Dear Sue,
Thank you for helping me. Ali told me that Henry Thoreau lived in a shack in Walden forest. I saw Walden forest in maps.
In our film that plant should go 50 meters up for light, because it was between many high trees. Therefore it couldn’t see light. Your sentence structure is much better than me, because you are a writer. You know all things that are necessary for writing a good letter. Sometimes I must change my sentence, because my circle words are little and I must make a new sentence. It is a practice for writing, because sometimes we cannot make sentences with our words. We need many words for making sentences. Sometimes we have it problem in our vernacular.
Take care,
Bahman

1 comment:

Sue said...

Hi Bahman, Yes learning a new language means learning how the sentences are constructed, as well as learning a lot of new words.

English is difficult because it has its roots in many different languages; Latin, Greek, Anglo, Nordic languages and even German. There are many English words that come from the Persian too. For example: lemon, divan, delta and many others. I think the word 'algebra' comes from the Arab language, but I could be mistaken.

Never underestimate your writing, Bahman. You are doing very well. I see a big improvement from a year ago. Keep up the good work. With a degree in ME and the knowledge of another language you will have a promising future.

More later, Sue

PS Have your ever heard The Beatles?

Longman Dictionary

Education Fire

News

%