Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Faranak's Writing

Hi Sue,
I haven't written for a while because we repaired and painted our house but every day I checked the site for several times and read your answers.
I became very happy when I saw you asked about traveling to Iran. I hope I can see you in Iran one day.
Dear Sue, if you come to Tehran, you will not need any taxis. We will come to airport to say welcome to you and we will bring you every where you want with our cars.

Dear friend, I do a new thing and don't know how much it can be useful to me.
Yesterday, in the English class, we listened to a song of Chris De Burg, its name was Missing you.
Understanding it was very difficult and I understood just a few words. After the class, I came to home and downloaded some Chris De Burg's songs with its text.
I listened to these songs concurrent with seeing their texts. after this, when I listen to them I almost understand.
Although I understand them with a little cheating but it is very enjoyable to understand a foreign songs(I have listened to them more than 10 times from last night).

Have a nice time.
Your friend, Faranak.

1 comment:

Sue said...

Hi Faranak, We are also redecorating. New carpet, paint and perhaps new curtains.

You know, I would love to come to Iran, but I am afraid it is just a dream. My thoughts are with so many of you in Tehran, and even now in Yadz. I am not getting any younger but perhaps, who knows. I know my husband will not travel with me, but someday, perhaps my daughter would go with me. What a wonderful piece of life that would be!

De Burgh is a British/Irish singer, so he pronounces words differently than an American. However, it is difficult to listen to music and understand what the singer is talking about. If you can get any Bruce Springsteen albums, he is as AMerican as apple pie! He is called 'the boss' because he is highly admired, and very middle-class. Springsteen speaks to the average American. Another group I like, and they have been popular for a long time is Peter, Paul and Mary. They have a song, "Where Have All the Flowers Gone", that is so cool and I think you can understand what they say. I think it is very good practice to see the text and hear the song - that way you know what certain words sound like in English.

Better go, I need to do the dishes and clean up the kitchen.

Your friend, Sue

Longman Dictionary

Education Fire

News

%