Saturday, November 20, 2010

Bahman's letter to Sue,

Dear Sue,
Thank you, it is so good, because I wrote my last letter by myself. I read Romeo and Juliet story and I enjoyed it. I think it is a tragedy like Leili and Majnon. We have many tragedies stories in our literature for example Farhad and Shirin. Classic literature and classic music and classic stories are more beautiful.
Moharam month will come soon. Imam Hoseyn (Imam Hoseyn is a little grandson of Mohammad) killed in this month. He killed for God. Kufe’s (a city in Iraq) people wrote letters for Imam and invited him to Kufa, but when Imam was in Kufa’s way they forgot them Imam. They wrote about 12000 letters for Imam. They sold them belief. Imam was alone and thirsty and he killed by him enemy. We called a martyr when a man or woman killed in god way.
I think by myself and ask this question from myself:
What was I doing if I was in Imam hoseyn period?
Take care,
Bahman

1 comment:

Sue said...

Hi Bahman, I find your letters very interesting, and I learn a lot from you. I hope I can share something with you that will be helpful. I will have to read the story of Farhad and shirim. I'm so glad you are interested in the classic treasures of your culture. It is so easy to lose touch with the past and the beauty of our history.

I don't understand the sentence, "They sold them belief.' And then I think you meant to say, "he was killed by his enemy. We call someone a martyr when a man or woman is killed in God's work.

I will read more about Imam Hoseyn.

Your friend, Sue

Longman Dictionary

Education Fire

News

%