Saturday, November 20, 2010

Faranak's Writing

Hi Sue,
I haven't write a letter for a long time. I miss you a lot and have a lot of speeches to tell you.
I had a presentation today. It was the first important presentation during the university.

2 days ago, I wrote a letter to you and wanted you to guide me about this presentation. Unfortunately my laptop detected a problem and couldn't connect to the Internet.

Dear friend, I'm studying for entrance exam. I love to accept in the IT/Network major. Network is one of the branches of IT.
IT is a young field in Iran. In Tehran, one university just accept 17 students in the Network branch.

I started to study in middle of October and my exam is in middle of February. I Started late because I had the internship in the summer, so I'm a little hopeless.
Now, I go to the university and have 10 lessons to study for this exam. I think 24 hours are very few for me, specially that I'm very sensitive to sleep.
You have a kind heart, pray for me.

Dear Sue, Could you see the site about Leili and Majnun? Is it good?
Leili and Majnun is one of the best story in Persian, It is very nice and a little sad. I really love it.
Sorry, I try to short my letter but it is long.

Your friend, Faranak.

1 comment:

Sue said...

Dear Friend, It is so good to get a letter from you. You are so very busy, I consider it an honor for you to even take the time to drop me a tiny note.

My son does IT work. He is a director of IT for a pasta company that has plants in 4 different cities. One makes good money on IT jobs in the US, but it is very hard work. You are on call 24 hours a day and never can be far away from your cell phone. He has been at it for over 20 years and is now very stressed out. He has made very good wages, however, and can now quit and take an easier job, now that he is older.

A few English corrections:
1. I would say, "...and have a lot of things to tell you." Speeches is used if one is going to give a speech.

2. I would say, "I felt a little anxiety." Little modifies anxiety and should walk with it.

3. "I would love to be accepted in the IT/Network major."

4. Remember articles a, an and the. "I am studying for the entrance exam."

These are just tiny errors, but I know you want to do your very best.

Your friend, Sue

Longman Dictionary

Education Fire

News

%